Monday, October 6, 2008

"That sly come hither stare...

...that strips my conscience bare. It's witchcraft."-Frank Sinatra

Well, folks, it's been a stressful past week and it doesn't look like this week will be any better. School has always been a stressor for me, but I think I'll have all that settled tomorrow morning. I really hate the bureaucracy of the University infrastructure. It's ultimate goal isn't to create bright minds of America's future. It's money, people! Professors don't care about students or what they'll do in their lives. I've only met 3 professors that have pulled their neck out for students, 2 whom I still talk to from time to time or recieve emails from. I'm dying to get out of school and actually have a life. There's not even anything interesting in Irvine (and if there is, it's very expensive and not worth it).

Lake Forest and Mission Viejo are a little better. I rent a room now from one of my co-workers during the week. I'm hardly there except to sleep and maybe catch the news at night. Lake Forest had some hidden gems. There's a man-made lake a couple miles north of me. The metrolink station for that area is only separated by a brick wall from my neighborhood. There's wild trails along the roads and small forests. All the shops, malls, grocery stores are closer. It's quaint and quiet, totally different from living on campus. Also, I've lived near airports my whole life, so I love how I can hear the planes and helicopters landing at the base northwest of my place. I didn't know it was there until I did a Google map. Now I know why my windows shake as I hear them landing.

Haha, I almost went to see Neil Diamond. I like Neil, don't get me wrong. I just don't like when people try to turn fun events into serious dates. I wonder why my generation is so serious about relationships? I mean, I'm only 21. I want to live first before I get attached to someone. I don't want to worry about people getting jealous or having to explain myself on who I talk to or where I go. I refuse. I'm not ready to settle-down. That phrase leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Let me clarify here, I'm not anti-boyfriend or don't think down of people who are ready for that next big step. If you're ready, good for you and I wish you all the happiness in the world. Just don't tell me to settle. I'll probably chew you out if you even start to try. Believe me, I've done it before. I hate when people ask why I do not have a boyfriend, as if it's some sort of moral deficiency. Frankly, it's an insult to independent women. It's the whole "Bachelor vs. Spinster" way of thinking.

Ok, enough ranting for now. Interesting, sad fact of the day: If you make over $150,000 a year, you are considered in the top 5 or 10% of wealthy Americans. When I start working I'll automatically be in the top 25%. That is extremely sad considering 150k is not really that much compared to the super-wealthy.

No comments: