Friday, October 24, 2008

"It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year."

"Poison, Drowning, Claw or Knife...
So Many Ways to Take a Life."


News Flash! Warner Bros. screws up again! Last night the lovely Tasha and I myself were jibbed out of a very good movie, but that didn't really ruin our night. "Trick 'r' Treat" was screening at the Grauman's Chinese Theater (I'm becoming quiet accustomed to that one) but I wasn't able to get on the guest list. [And before anyone starts telling me I spelled "or" wrong, it's supposed to be spelled that way.] Thousands of people showed up supposedly. Well, the problem with the WB is that they are not going to release this film nationwide. They are sending it straight to DVD. I have no clue why when this is the season to be putting these kinds of films on the silver screen! Normally I don't take reviews seriously because I like to judge for myself, but from the clips and trailer of this movie, I think it is perfect for Halloween! Just the trailer alone had me sold on seeing this film anyway I could. I'm really hoping that they at least do a limited release. That would satisfy me.



The film has a strong cast and great stories. Everyone needs a little reminding of what Halloween is about and how it started, every now and then. It appeals to me because it just has classic written all over it. "Sam," the main character pictured above, is going to give me nightmares for sure. Little kids in burlap masks are just plain horrifying.

No comments: