Monday, November 24, 2008

Xmas Cheer and Other Stuff.

Nope, not feeling it. I was absolutely appalled when I walked into my mall a couple weeks back. They already had everything set up for Christmas. Garland was hung from the railings and every pillar was adorned with lights. Thanksgiving hasn't even passed, folks! My hometown's downtown is already spruced up with lights and fake snow. The city where I currently live has decorated their main streets. My neighbors have decorated the walk ways with plastic candy canes and colored lights. Where I live, the lowest temperature so far has been 60 at night with above 72 during the days. For me, that's pretty cool, but for the rest of the country, it's raining, snowing, and just freezing. I think a lot of people have jumped the gun on Christmas. I've banned Christmas music from being played in my presence until December 1. I'd be so sick of it come the 25th (unless the music was like Korn's "Jingle Bells"). I have never cared for new Christmas movies which are only worthy of the Hallmark channel. I'm fine with watching Jimmy Stewart over and over again. At least he can act. I'm no scrooge, but even I didn't start doing stuff for Halloween until October 1st.

In other news....

I have not been able to get out to the cinema or even watch any new films because of the lack of time. I have had time to watch new shows like "Little Britain" and "Buffy: The Vampire Slayer" in parts. I have a couple classes that are pointless that I've tried watching stuff in, but reading the dialogue is a little bit of a hassle when the people behind you start whispering, "Go back, I missed a line!" Plus, even reading the jokes in "Little Britain" has me biting my fist to keep from laughing. It really isn't good to be smiling in a Theory of Punishment class. With the long weekend ahead of us, I plan to relax and catch up. I still want to see "Quantam of Solace" some time. I like Craig's Bond.

Hm... what else? 10 days until I see Alan Rickman. I can't say anything more about that unless I make myself all giddy.

1 comment:

vy said...

...
I got addicted to travian after I saw someone playing it in one of my classes.

hmmm...
8 days to go...