Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight (No Spoilers)

First of all, I'm not a hardcore "Twilight" fan. I have read all the books. I understand the appeal. I lust after the actors; Peter Fascinelli's scenes are wonderful. I've gotten books signed by Stephanie Meyers, yada, yada.

I liked the movie. It wasn't the major failure it could have been. I did have some problems with the story progression. Pattinson is beautiful but some of his acting is still wooden. I wished they included more of the minor characters. There wasn't just that "wow" factor to it though. Since they are often incorrectly compared (but I'll do it anyway), at least every time I've seen a Harry Potter film, I can walk out with one aspect that totally awed me. [Disclaimer: I am a die hard Potter fan and always will choose the boy wiz over the pretty boy "vamp."] There was always an epic feeling to Potter. "Twilight" didn't cut it.

It was fun to see. I was actually more in awe of the theater (I'm a nerd like that) we were in since it held a bar and lounge, extremely comfortable leather recliners, and not expensive at all for what you got. Any theater that let's me sip a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon in the theater instead of some designated area is one I'll be visiting again.

No comments: