Saturday, July 12, 2008

Wall E

I just came back from seeing Wall E. I have to admit, I loved it. The animation is brilliant. The story is very cute. Pixar has hit another home run.

I was more excited than some of the kids in the theater once I heard the opening music, however. I had to strangle down a gasp of surprise. I quickly leaned over to my Mum and asked her if she knew who was singing. She looked at me, eyebrows raised, and waited for my random response.

Michael Crawford.

It was just too wonderful that Wall E was in love with "Hello Dolly!" and listened to it whenever he could. I think I was the only one in the theater who knew it was him and actually know of him.

Here's a good article about Wall E and the creator's choices of music (click here for the video samples).

No comments: