Monday, July 28, 2008

Random Pile # 1: Comic Con, Reviews, Etc.

Ok, so I have several things to post, but I don't want to make individual posts for them because of their length and because I generally don't want to spoil some details for others.

"The X Files: I want to Believe." Go see it. If you're a fan, you'll like it. If you're a diehard, you may be disappointed because its actually not that scary. Yes, I walked into my house at 4 am that morning, looking over my shoulder, but I slept pretty well. I'm sorry, Chris Carter, but let Darin Morgan or one of the others writers, write the next movie. I also suggest Kim Manners to direct. I'll write more later since I know a lot of people haven't seen it yet.

Comic Con... was too damned crowded! 125,000 nerds and geeks in one place at any given time is too much for the world to handle. They have to have someone I really want to see there in order to get me to go again. At the moment, it would take no one less than Johnny Depp and Tim Burton speaking and showing clips of the Dark Shadows movie. I'd expect to camp out the night before because of Depp's fangirls instead of the die hard DS fans (which most probably won't be able to attend, more or less sleep on concrete). Don't they see that what Depp is doing is truly a show of his appreciation of a legend?

Tomorrow I may or may not be on the Jimmy Kimmel Show. If I am, it's going to be embarassing because one of the cameras literally swooped right at me cheering and generally acting like a crazy fangirl. It was Gillian Anderson! Sheesh, she's so beautiful and funny, who wouldn't love her? Find out who else auditioned for the role of Special Agent Dana Scully (I'm so glad this person didn't get it; she's probably one of the dumbest blondes out there) and hear the story of how Duchovny did some auditioning of his own.

Hm... so I'm off work now, but I'll finally post more pics of what's been happening when I get back to my place.

No comments: