Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lions, Tigers, and... Demons? Oh my!

I had a lot of time to kill before a "meeting" on Monday so I decided to skip down to the cinema and see "Hellboy II: The Golden Army." I planned it perfectly since the movie ended right at 5:50 and my meeting was at 6. I actually thought everyone was going to be there already, but it was another half an hour before everyone was seated.



I digress though. I have to say I missed the first two minutes of the movie. I was taking my sweet time at my place until I realized I had ten minutes to drive to the theater, get tickets, and sit down. I made it and that's all that counts. The movie itself was very good. The Hellboy franchise isn't my favorite fantasy by far, but it's refreshing newness and imagination just appeal to me. The creatures were done well and the Troll market did remind me of the cantina from the first Stars Wars. The Prince also reminded me of Lucius Malfoy and that annoyed me a bit. I couldn't get Jason Isaacs out of my head (especially after seeing the photo with LM sitting in his manor...). I was also saddened to see that one of the characters didn't get a happy ending though I wanted him to. I guess it was all part of the story. Anyway, it was worth my 9.50.

Tomorrow the Dark Knight opens at midnight but I think I'm going to have to see it late on Friday. I also just realized that this weekend is the Dark Shadows Festival so my Saturday and Sunday are completely booked.

Now I've crossed over into the realm of No Time.

No comments: