Monday, December 29, 2008

Don't you Love the Holidays?

Oh, the Holidays! I don't care much for the winter breaks since I feel more tired coming back to my responsibilities than when I left. Plus, I had to spend time with a certain cretin, my brother. If both of us were in the same breathing range, it was like putting two fire fish in the same bowl. We're opposites in almost every way: I'm pretty conservative, he lives in San Francisco. Go figure. I really don't know why my Mum insists on us being at home at the same time. I stayed out of the house as much as I could wandering around my hometown haunts or barricading myself with movies and shows. I couldn't watch any films though without being bombarded with a smart ass or technical answer to every scene. My brother is a film nut but in the most obnoxious sense. I had a few emergencies that popped up that kept me away from my friends sadly but luckily everything turned out okay.

I'm back in the relative peace and quiet of Orange County. I almost want the winter quarter to start; keyword: almost. I'm not bored yet. I've been able to go browse around the shops and do whatever I feel like. The weather has been nice and cold for scarves and combat boots. In So Cal its hard to get into the winter spirit. I feel out of place if I show up with a fedora and boots and some people are still walking around in flip-flops.

I have been horrible on watching horror movies! I only re-watched "The Orphanage" and that's it. I did get another 50 movie pack this time with more films of Barbara Steele and Christopher Lee. Steele has such an exotic look. My favorite actresses are the ones who don't fit the usual sense of beautiful. Grayson Hall and Juliet Landau are a couple more examples. I'll slowly go through those movies and recommend the best.

Hmmm... I'm still on a Tony Head trip. I'll be picking up the second season of "Little Britain" tonight hopefully. I did get to watch "Little Britain Live" and just loved the daring of Lucas and Walliams. Would you go on stage and do a "buffalo Bill" dance as in "Silence of the Lambs?" I sat there with my jaw in my lap. Walliams, I guess, is comfortable in his skin. "Repo!" will be out on DVD on January 20th! I can't wait! I'm a sucker for the special features and I'd love to see all the behind the scenes stuff. And its a kick ass movie that everyone should see... even though Paris Hilton is in it and still getting more recognition than the stars... I'm not bitter...

So at Comic Con this year, I sat in on the "Doll House" panel with Joss Whedon and Eliza Dushku. The show sounds really good, but after hearing about the re-shoots and little conflicts, I don't think it'll survive. Stick with Dr. Horrible, Joss, and contemplate a new "Buffy" movie or "Ripper" spin off. Let's all face it, Joss is a cool nerd, but that isn't enough if the writing is weak. PS. Stay away from FOX! Why in hell did you go back to them? They are almost as bad as NBC. The only show FOX has kept alive is "The Simpsons" and even they have started lacking in the laughs. I'll go and dodge all the hate mail the "Simpsons" fans are going to throw at me.

Anyway, I hope everyone out there has had a good Christmas, Holiday, Solstice, or whatever you celebrate, and have an awesome New Year!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.