Friday, December 5, 2008

Going Back to Normal

After this action packed week, I'll return back to my semi-normal, not so hectic life. Life is good even though Finals are looming over my head and a very important step in my new job application process is coming up. I'm choosing a career in law enforcement so it is a very long process. It is worth it. For all the additional stress, I'm thriving off it instead of becoming downtrodden and weary. I'm a work-a-holic when there is work to be done and deadlines to finish (which I always finish early; I'll stop bragging). I'm going to miss the company and people I work for now. I have never worked for a place where they have taken such good care of their employees.

Hopefully, after Tuesday, I'll go back to viewing more movies every day. I just picked up (thanks to an early present from said company above) two dvds: "The Orphanage" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer," the movie. I've seen both. I still need to go through a lot of my classics, also. The break will be the best time for it since I'll just be at work in the mornings, working out in the afternoons, and settling down in the evenings. Most of my friends out here will be gone so there will be no late night jaunts (unless its something I can't miss).

Speaking of late night jaunts, I'll be attempting the almost impossible feat of changing my sleeping pattern. Again. Right now I wake up at 7 am and go to bed at 1 or 2 am (and sometimes 3) every day. I'm a night owl. In high school, I had the same schedule since I had a ridiculous amount of homework and reading every night. One night I didn't even sleep because of a damn project and presentation I had the next afternoon. Luckily I wasn't the only one and our other teachers took a little pity on us. I want to be able to wake up rested at 5:30 am and go to bed at 9:30 or 10 pm. Is it sad 10 pm sounds so early? With my night classes starting again in Winter Quarter, I'll push the time to 6: 30 am since my classes get out at 10. I don't want to kill myself like I almost did this quarter.

It is a funny feeling knowing that after I had met my favorite people in the world, I can walk up to anybody now and not be so starstruck. I've been searching for new events to go to of the new people I've taken an interest in. I think I'm going to wait and see what conventions are coming to town and just show up. You really never know who you are going to meet. I actually got a wink from James Marsters a couple years back but I didn't know who he was! My friend with me had to fill me in. Now, after getting into Buffy, I'm kicking myself for not at least getting a photo with him. He's a cheeky, flirty guy who knows how to work the fans. I think Fangoria is having their convention here in April and the Sci Fi channel has theirs around that time, too. The next Potter con is in July in San Francisco, but by then I don't know if I'll be in training or not so that's up in the air. There is another one in Boston, but I can't really fly out. I'll visit some other time when I want to go for the history. I'm bummed about the next Dark Shadows Festival. They are holding that in Rhode Island next summer. I've gone to the Fests for the past two years in a row. Oh well. With Johnny Depp's movie in the works (sort of), they will probably hold it here in Burbank again in 2010 or 11. It will make sense, especially if Depp holds the premiere at the Kodak or Grauhman's Chinese Theater.

If anyone knows of any convention or symposium happening in 2009, please, let me know. It could be anything horror, book, tattoo, piercing, sci fi, and all the other stuff related (and even if it's not related, I find everything interesting). Location doesn't matter. I really want to go to the collector's con (forgot the name) they hold in England so I'll have to see how my expenses pan out. I didn't mention Comic Con (San Diego) above because I went this year and didn't care for it at all. It was just too many people. I felt like I was in flea market. I'll have to know the line up before I sign up for it again because I'll only go to see people I know won't appear any where else (which isn't many in my book). Going incognito and alone is a must. It's every man or woman for themselves at that place.

One more thing... If any of the following people plan on appearing at events, hints or just a plain location will be very much appreciated: Quentin Taratino [who is at the New Bev sometimes but I always miss him!], Robert Rodriquez, Guillermo Del Torro, Tim Burton, Dean Koontz, Stephen King, Caleb Carr, Anthony Stewart Head, James Marsters, David Williams, Matt Lucas, Christopher Lee, and I'll leave it at that for now.

No comments: