Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Just Whinning. Grr.

"Speak English, not whatever they speak in, um..."
"England?" -- Buffy and Giles

The first Buffy convention I learn about is the first I cannot attend! This is seriously hurting my fangirl spirit. The reason I'm not going is a good one (major job training, both physical and mental) but it still smarts. Seeing that the Con is being held in London put the nail on the coffin.

I absolutely adore London. Normally I'm no city girl (reason why I visit LA instead of live there), but from the moment I stepped off the plane at Heathrow, I knew there was something that called to me. I did the whole tourista thing but I still went off and "people-watched," seeing how life really was. I ran in the soaking rain, loving it. I took trains, cabbies if it was 3am, and walked everywhere. No matter how hard they try here, we'll never have the public transport they have across the pond. So Buffy Fan Con and London together? Oh, it cuts right down to the bone! I won't even have time to go for a day (since I'm about that desperate to go). I've been torturing myself by checking out the guest list. The one person I want to see isn't on there, at least not yet, and I'm taking a small comfort from that. Hmm... maybe the department will give the recruits some "out of the blue" vacation or even a couple days off? That's wishful thinking, but you never know... Right?

"Did anyone ever tell you you're kind of a fuddy duddy?"
"Nobody ever seems to tell me anything else."
"Did anyone ever tell you you're kind of a sexy fuddy duddy?"
"No, actually, that part usually gets left out. I can't imagine why."
-- Jenny and Giles

No comments: