Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Rumors I hope may be true...

So practically everyone knows that Fox is filing a suit against Warner Bros. for the rights of the "Watchmen" movie. Fox does own the rights. I think the Executives at Fox must have been sorted into Slytherin if this rumor is true: Fox will allow Warner Bros. to release Watchmen if Warner Bros. allows Fox to release the original Batman series (with Adam West) on Dvd.

Warner Bros. has the rights on the "Batman" character (they own everything DC Comic related) so it controls everything related to Batman even though Fox was the original network who aired "Batman" nearly four decades ago. I've seen nearly every episode of the original series with Adam West, Burgess Meredith, Eartha Kitt, and Ceasar Romero. I'm a sucker for the classics. If they released the whole series on Dvd, I'd go out and buy it!

So hopefully Fox and Warner Bros. come to an amiable agreement so these projects could commence. I haven't mentioned "Watchmen" all that much since I still haven't decided what I feel about it. All of Alan Moore's work that has been made into films have not been good. The timelines of "Watchmen" will make continuity difficult also unless the director changes it... The teaser trailer looked good, but then again, so did "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" before I read the reviews...

No comments: