Monday, July 12, 2010

The Women

I have always written about the Men I admire, lust after, will see any film or show with them, etc. I appreciate the older, handsome gentlemen such as Alan Rickman and ogle the young, very fit hotties like Jesse Spencer. I love Men as much as the next hot-blooded female. Of course, all actors are not men though. I tend to overlook the Women when it comes to this blog. It's not that I don't appreciate their skills and beauty. It's just more fun for me to write about the men. Don't blame me, blame my gender. [Yes, I stole that line, but it fits.] Without further ado, the women I'll see any film or show if they're in.


Gillian Anderson 
From the moment I saw her, I knew she was fantastic. Yes, I am a hardcore X-Files fan, but that was only the beginning. Scully was fascinating and it was refreshing to see the woman as the voice of reason. Her masterpiece and my favorite role of hers is in "Bleak House" as Lady Dedlock. She should have won the Emmy and BAFTA for that series. It was brilliant and sad and unlike anything I had seen her in. Overall, it's my favorite Dickens adaptation. And because I am nothing if not appreciate of looks, she's probably the most gorgeous woman out there. Yes, I'm biased because she was ginger, has blue eyes and is very short. She can make smart, sexy as hell. I'm all for intelligent, hot women.

Emma Thompson
I absolutely love Thompson. She can do tragedy, romance, comedy, awkwardness, anything and everything and do it with flare, grace and charisma. I do not understand how this woman is not more famously known. She deserves it more than bloody Helen Miren. My favorites of her's are the "Cambridge Footlights Revue," "Howard's End," "Much Ado about Nothing," "The Remains of the Day," and "Sense and Sensibility" to name a few. There are literally dozen more films that she is phenomenal in. She broke the hearts of any person watching her in "Love Actually." Tell me you don't feel empathy for her character as you watch her crumble and try to hold her family together. I think this was the only time I hated one of Rickman's characters. Of all the actresses I admire, she is the best of her craft. Plus, I must give her props on snagging Greg Wise as a husband.


Lisa Edelstein 
If I had to choose one lovely woman to party with and listen to wild, fantastic stories all night, it would be Edelstein. If you love listening, this woman is willing to talk and hold court. Of all the women mentioned, I've seen and had the pleasure to hear Lisa speak about her career and, of course, "House," the most. I've seen Anderson several times at premieres and Jimmy Kimmel and Olivia Wilde once at the premiere of the sixth season of "House." Never had the pleasure of hearing Thompson speak but hopefully one day it'll happen. Anyway, I digress.

I have to be honest. Originally, I didn't care for her. Due to my best friend coercing me into watching House, albeit lovingly, I started from the Pilot and worked my way into the series, going out and buying the seasons. Every House fan knows how horribly they dressed her in season one. Yes, I am that shallow. But... she grew on me. The more her character grew, the more I liked her. She's the HBIC (Head Bitch In Charge) who could go toe-to-toe with a crazy, pain in the ass genius. To act opposite a powerhouse (no pun intended) actor such as Hugh Laurie takes guts and a lot of skill. Also, personally, how can you not like someone devoted to animals, loves theater (saw her just last week at "In the Heights"), and who has a throaty laugh so sultry you can't help but blush? She reminds me of Grayson Hall... except, luckily, Lisa's had a lot more luck in the business.

Olivia Wilde
Everything is exotic with this female. This is the shallowest pick of mine. It's all about the eyes. If Christopher Nolan needed a Catwoman in the next Batman, I can't think of anyone more perfect. I also can't wait to see "TRON: Legacy" when it comes out later this year. I know I'm going to grin when I see the posters and swag at the San Diego Comic Con. She's currently filming "Cowboys and Aliens," directed by Jon Favreau. Supposedly they'll be showing clips at their panel on Saturday. I'll probably be in there to check them out and root for Wilde.

That's it for now, folks. I know there are hundreds more actors out there that are as great and beautiful as these, but these four have caught my eye for a while.

No comments: