Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo


2010 has been another slow year for me. There hasn't been a film that I've gasped and loved and had to write about the second I finished watching. Finally I have found that film. "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" was exciting, daring, and intriguing.

The mystery of the story had me hooked. The film begins with a request to find out the murderer of a beloved niece of a millionaire. The millionaire's family are all suspect. The man commissioned to find out what happened is Mikael Blomkvist (Michael Nyqvist), a reporter just sentenced to six months in jail for slander. The millionaire had a security firm investigate Blomkvist to make sure he was reliable before hiring him. A young hacker, Lisbeth Salander (Noomi Rapace) investigates him, however after she turns in her report, she continues to monitor his actions. 


And then the story really takes off. 


Blomkvist investigates and unearths secrets forty years old. Salander cannot stand by when she notices a pattern in Blomkvist's notes, thrusting herself into the investigation. I'm not going to go into detail with the story because you should just go out and watch it yourself. 


Just watch with caution as this film doesn't hold anything back and delivers gruesome and horrific scenes bluntly. Lisbeth is brutally raped and rapes her rapist in a fitting act of revenge. The millionaire's family is nothing short of fucked up (seriously the best phrase to describe them) and insane, except for the millionaire, himself. I never yawned or hardly blinked through the film. It was brilliant! Now I need to see the sequels. 


[I should be updating more often since I finally have Netflix and the "Instant Play" is my new favorite thing in the whole world! I have to catch up on 2008's 74 blogs versus this year's 15.] 

No comments: