Thursday, July 8, 2010

Let the Right One In VS Let Me In

"Let the Right One In" is one of my favorite films. It's dark, haunting, beautiful, etc, etc. If you've been reading this blog for the past three years, you know how I feel about it. I've praised and defended this movie.When I heard "they" were going to remake the film into an English version, I was leery and saddened. The Swedish film does have its faults with editing and special effects (the cats scenes for examples), but it was good, a worthy film to be admired by fans of horror and vampire flicks.

"Let Me In" is the basically the same film but in English. Of course, I haven't seen it so I'm just going by what I've seen in the trailer. It looks pretty good and the kids are sufficiently creepy. Still peeved they changed the title, but I'm going to give it a chance. That is one well done trailer. It's very similar to the original's but still brings its own flare, for lack of a better word. Will this finally be a good remake? We shall see.

No comments: