Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Good Geek News Day

Today has been such a geek day for me. First I wake up to "Torchwood International," season four of the Doctor Who spin-off! I have high hopes that this series will be so good. Russel T. Davies spoke to the BBC about it which you can see HERE. He will still be the head writer for the series. I'm still eagerly awaiting the cross-over of his for "The Sarah Jane Chronicles." Sarah Jane will get to meet the Eleventh Doctor! [Fun Fact: She's met them all except for six, seven, eight, and nine.]

Then I see this video.

At first I thought a fan had done some creative editing before I watched the whole video. Then immediately thought someone was trying to promote their skills. Turns out, the makers are trying to promote the re-boot of the Mortal Kombat franchise! As long as they keep the film rated R, instead of the lame PG-13 versions, I will go see this movie. Good luck to the makers of this video!

And if Marvel hasn't had enough press, they release the Captain America and Thor logos. "Captain America" will be released July 22, 2011. "Thor" will be released on May 20, 2011. Looks like Marvel will dominate the summer box office!  It'll be about a year later to see "The Avengers" on May 4, 2012. I was wishing it'll be an earlier release, but I'll try to be patient. "Thor" is the movie I'll be waiting at midnight for. I can't wait to see what Kenneth Branagh has done with it!

That's it for now, folks. Tomorrow I see a beloved Scotsman on his late, late night show so I know I'm in for a good time.

No comments: