Saturday, May 1, 2010

Movies I NEED to See

We all have movies that we CAN'T wait for. There are "Harry Potter and the Death Hallows Part 1 and Part 2," "The Villa Golitsyn," "Iron Man 2" (coming out next week), "Coriolanus,"   and many others that I will definitely see in theaters. But with these highly publicized films, we can be patient... maybe. The ones below, I cannot.  

An older guy falls for the daughter of a family friend resulting in a dark comedic film of their trials. That's all I know about this film except that it stars Hugh Laurie. Will I see it when it comes out? Certainly. It's every young Hugh Laurie fan's fantasy! 

I'm cheating here a bit. I've read the book by Mr. Stephen Fry. I loved it's very eccentric yet thoroughly complicated and bloody amazing plot. I can see myself adoring the film. Have you read (and particularly understood) it? Yes, wait to see the film. All of its production information is currently unavailable so I don't even know when this will be in pre-production. Hopefully soon! 

Now to go from the library to the bitter and bloody gutters of exploitation cinema at its best.... I have no idea what this film will be about, but Quentin Tarantino is directing.  He hasn't made a film I haven't liked yet. 

This was one of my favorite trailers in the "Grindhouse" films, released by Robert Rodriquez and Tarantino. It has been a long time coming for Danny Trejo to get his own leading man role and what better than in a film like this. 

[And these two trailers need to be made into films ASAP. "Don't" (recognize the blue-eyed Brit in the beginning?) and "Werewolf Women of the SS."]

This is the next horror film that I've wanted to see since I found out about it. I haven't felt that way about a horror movie in a while ("Trick R Treat" in 2007 and "Repo! The Genetic Opera" in 2008). From what I've read it is about a couple getting stranded on an island/isolated area and not being able to find their way out. Then to make it worse, a soldier shows up causing more tension and terror within the cabin/house (?) the couple are staying. Why do I want to see it? The Husband is the aforementioned blue-eyed Brit from above who plays some of best Villains out there. The Soldier, who is the villain of the piece, has shown he can be terrifying and very believably insane. I can't wait to see him as a villain! 

Again, there are many more than just these, but that's all I'm good for at the moment. It is 01:00 am and I am knackered. 

No comments: