Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ramblings I

First of all, here's the long delayed second part of my night at Paley since I never posted it here [Skip if you've read this at my art site]:

Most actors hardly ever get to interact with their fans on an intimate level. They see millions of faces, some hollering or even crying (tears of embarrassed joy) for their attention. Some fans might get a wink, a smirk, and a second of eye contact. Some actors don't really care to see anything else but blurred faces in a crowd. After Wednesday night, I could tell Hugh Laurie and Lisa Edelstein were the actors who were curious what kind of fans they have.

During the panel at the start of the Q&A, the tables were suddenly turned on the crowd. Lights blared from the top of the stage directly at us. Hugh and Lisa straightened themselves in their chairs, eyes scanning the now visible faces of the people that sat in front of them. I slouched deep in my seat because I'm vain as hell and seriously would have turned an ugly shade of red if a certain pair of bright blue eyes made contact with mine. Come on, I know other people would have done the same. Anyway, the questions at this panel were good. Others I've attended have been horrible with people asking the same question that could be easily answered with a Google search.

The youngest person at the panel ended up being a cute little boy (sounded 5 or 6) who asked Laurie what was the grossest thing he ever did or saw on the show. I think his mother wanted to know and knew cute kids really could get anything they want. The scene with the tape worm from "Painless" was Laurie's grossest item.

"I kept pulling and pulling, and as I pulled it suddenly started to become more real," he said. Mind you, it's two days after so it is not verbatim.

Now here's the part I add three people whom I've neglected to mention so far: David Shore, Katie Jacobs, and Greg Yaitanes. Where would a panel about the creative process of House MD be without the creators? I have not posted the photos that I have of them because they didn't come out good. I caught Katie mid blink or got the head of the guy in front of me in most of the frame of the other photos. David Shore is a quiet genius. He didn't speak much but what he did say, was significant.

Asked on how they would end the show or when: "I don't know." They aren't going to even think of it at this point. Why? House is an interesting character. There are still a lot of aspects of his life that we haven't even touched.

Will House ever be happy or at least be content? According to Katie and David, No. If House was ever truly happy or content, the show would be over. So... for all the Huddy fans out there, don't expect a happy ending or even if they do get together, they won't be happy for long. I was a bit sad, but it's understandable. My favorite stories are always about the hero never making it, no matter how hard they try.

I did not write anything for July even though it was an exciting month. I just did not have the focus to write anything. I did not write a review for Half-Blood Prince because everybody and their mother had one. No need to put my two cents in and be redundant. Nevertheless, it was amazing and that day and night was well worth it. I spent a total of 16hrs at the Irvine Spectrum waiting for the 12:12 (what the hell?) showing. There is nothing better than spending time with your friends and 4000 other fans.

Here's my Comic Con adventure:

I'll be damned. Everything that could go right today, did. My friends and I headed down to San Diego for the International Comic Con. We weren't registered nor had even bothered to try to register. Last year we did and the programing was rubbish. This year, it was anything but! First off, we got pretty decent FREE parking. That is unheard of. We were waiting for another friend who was inside the vendor's room when a man approached us, asking if we had passes. We replied in the negative to which he countered, "Do you want some?" He gave us all FREE passes!

So we step inside the air conditioned convention center and decide to just wander around until our friend met us. Not even two minutes in, JOHNATHAN ROSS steps out of the vendor's room. I couldn't believe it. He was on his phone though so we decided not to bug him. I had to grin because he was dressed up in an air force jump suit. I am content with just hearing his slight lispy accent.

We ate a quick lunch and Tasha and I headed to the "Being Human" and "Torchwood" panels. Really, there is no excuse not to watch both these shows. You have eye candy, good plots and stories, comedy, tragedy, everything all packed into these shows! John Barrowman was hilarious. He is one of the most flamboyant personalities I have ever seen. I missed seeing David Tennant and John's kiss! Oh, Captain Jack just has to jump everyone's bones, eh?

So, yes, we were extremely lucky. This summer has been more exciting than I thought. I was depressed about not traveling since I've flown somewhere every summer since I was 17. I have a plane ticket that I can use whenever I want so I still might fly somewhere (New York or New Orleans, I'm thinking) in late August or September for a couple days.

Hmm... I'll be seeing Juliet Landau at her comic release party in LA. I love her as Drusilla of Buffy the Vampire Slayer fame. On her twitter she has remarked about inviting other "friends," so I'm even more excited.

I've never gone to the red carpet hours of the Emmy's so I'll be a fangirl there. Here are all the people I want/need/have to see.

Hugh Laurie, because seeing him once was not enough.
Gabriel Byrne (I am in love with his theater work.)
Mary-Louise Parker, “Weeds”
Steve Carell, “The Office”
Jemaine Clement, “Flight of the Conchords”
William Shatner, “Star Trek!” lol.
Kristin Chenoweth, “ Pushing Daisies” and "Wicked."
Kenneth Branagh, “Wallander: One Step Behind” [I really want to see this man!]
Brendan Gleeson, “Into the Storm” Prof. Moody of HP
Kevin Kline, “Cyrano de Bergerac”
Ian McKellen, “King Lear” "X Men" "Lord of the Rings" (who doesn't know this guy?)
Kiefer Sutherland, “24” and "Lost Boys"
Sigourney Weaver, "Aliens" and "Snow Cake" (with Alan Rickman).
Bob Newhart, “The Bob Newhart Show."
Carol Brunett, "The Carol Brunett Show"
Ed Asner "The Mary Taylor Moore Show" and guest starred on The X Files.

Well, that's it for now.

No comments: