Thursday, May 7, 2009

Real Down Time and Wolverine.

Seriously, I don't remember the last time I just stayed home or just relaxed for relaxing's sake. Maybe some random weekend at the beginning of last year? No clue. I'm burnt out though. I just can't stay home. I'm not the type of person to "not do nothing" if that makes some sort of warped sense. I'm always on the run; always "on the town" as my Mum says.

This weekend we'll be going to the range again. I come from a family full of law enforcement and a line that has always owned firearms. Anyway, the range is in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by hills and wild Californian floral. I have about ten photos in my gallery that show where I'm talking about. I don't think I'll be shooting, but rather walking through the trails a couple miles away. The trails have been there since the early 1800s. I can easily picture cowboys riding through the shrubbery. There's an old iron bridge that is rusted through. Squirrels might cross it from time to time. A creek runs under it. I can't remember if there's anything living in the water. I think its too shallow. I have seen mountain lions and other creatures. Most walk away. For the others that don't, noise and a flash of steel usually do the trick (literally a flash with the light, not a stabbing gesture [semi-vegetarian here]). I've missed that peace of the wild; that calm that you can only get with a couple hours away from civilization. And, of course, I'll have my camera.

Just a quick word on Wolverine, the X-Mens Origin film. It wasn't as bad as the third X-Men movie, but it was bad. There's hardly any dialogue and the plot jumps and then abruptly ends. I think the ending was a lousy cop-out to tie it to the other movies. They really needed to add another twenty minutes to explain the story properly. I heard that Marvel was going to do a "Deadpool" movie. Ryan Reynold's is NOT a good actor!

I plan on seeing Star Trek tonight so hopefully that will kick off my summer movie theater-going... Or kill it completely.

No comments: